Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Last Day of Writing for the Arts

Hello Students,

The DCAD class of 2021 is different and better than any other cohort that I've experienced in my 32 years of college teaching. You're more politically aware, more committed to making real change, more embracing of genuinely inclusive diversity, less tolerant of bullshit, etc. I have great hope for our future, because I see it in you. Your generation will do far better than mine, by miles. You inspire me. I have not been a good online teacher; that I am only too aware of. I'm trying to figure it out. 

Today is our final day. By no later than midnight tonight, you should have your final paper uploaded to our Populi page. The assignment is titled "Final Essay." The drafts I've read have been very good. Please remember to proofread your essay carefully before uploading it. It's totally OK to have a friend or family member look it over. Learning never ends. 

Also look at your assignment tab and make sure that you've successfully uploaded all assignments. I'm still grading the zines. 

Lastly and most importantly, please join our final class on Zoom this afternoon. We will start at the official time (remember that?), and everyone will be encouraged to make a super-informal presentation (no PowerPoints, just talking) about their final mini research paper. Focus on the ideas. 

If you have any questions, I am here at csmith@dcad.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Words

Here we are. This is the last time we will meet together. I'd like to thank each of you for a rewarding semester of teaching. I hope eve...