Sunday, February 28, 2021

Al-Mutanabbi St Starts Here: Zoom Poetry Reading this Friday from 6:00-7:30

  



You are invited to a reading this upcoming Friday night from 6:00 to 7:30. This webpage from the Smithsonian gives a great overview of the project. 

The al-Mutanabbi St. Starts Here Coalition has been organizing readings, exhibitions, lectures, and concerts around the world since 2007. The first reading I organized was back in 2009. The video from that reading is still one of the best. 

We will keep the conference open for the final 30 minutes for those who want to continue the discussion and ask questions of the participating writers and artists. 

If you show up and write me a brief reply in an email about your thoughts and experiences, I'll award you an extra-credit point. Fun, right?

I'll send you the Zoom link via your DCAD email account. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Words

Here we are. This is the last time we will meet together. I'd like to thank each of you for a rewarding semester of teaching. I hope eve...