Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Example of a "Why Am I an Artist?" Essay

 








This recent essay by an artist named John Wilson is similar in tone and scope to the essay you're currently working on. It's probably a little bit longer, but other than that it makes all the same moves. Notice the "I" voice throughout. Notice the specific details he includes. We'll take a quick look at it in class. I like to use examples from non-professional writers because they're often more relatable. I don't really think this essay is exemplary or even excellent, but it is solid and gets the job done. I fully expect some DCAD students to write better essays.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Words

Here we are. This is the last time we will meet together. I'd like to thank each of you for a rewarding semester of teaching. I hope eve...