Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Basic 10-Point Rubric

 


I've uploaded this rubric to the "Files" tab of our Populi course page. For the most part, it's self-explanatory. I also use half-points. Please talk to me at any time if you would like clarity on your grade(s) or would like to appeal for a higher score. I'll listen and give you my honest response: csmith@dcad.edu

Here is the 10-point grading scale in condensed form:

11/10: Professional (rare)

10/10: Exemplary in every respect, high "A"

9.5/10: Excellent achievement, solid "A"

9/10: Very good, slight problems here and there, solid "B+/A-"

8.5/10: Gets all the basics right but problems creep in, "B"

8/10: OK, but shows signs of carelessness or rush job, "C+/B-"

7.5/10: Poor organization, going through the motions, "C"

7/10: Careless in most respects, doesn't follow basics, "D+/C-"

If your assignment is lower than a 7/10, you'll need to meet with me and make a plan for resubmission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Words

Here we are. This is the last time we will meet together. I'd like to thank each of you for a rewarding semester of teaching. I hope eve...