Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Checklist for final submission of your artist's statement

Your final Artist Statement is due about 48 hours from now (1:00 pm, March 3). Today in class we'll be focusing on the positive moves that we see in each other's statements. We'll also troubleshoot some of the common problems and errors to look out for. 

Here's a quick checklist. If you can answer "yes" to the following five questions, you should be in good shape.

1) Is my statement honest? Do I believe it myself?

2) Is my statement comprehensible? Do I understand it myself?

3) Is my statement specific enough? Do I give brief examples? Influences from art history or pop culture.

4) Is my statement complete? Does it tell a little bit about myself and a little bit about the reason why I make the art/design that I make?

5) Does my statement use correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Words

Here we are. This is the last time we will meet together. I'd like to thank each of you for a rewarding semester of teaching. I hope eve...