Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Grades Posted


Hello Writing for the Arts Students,
I posted a bunch of grades this morning. I'm in a really positive mood, because the quality of your writing is generally very high. I've been teaching college writing for over 30 years, so I have a pretty good idea of gauging the quality of first-year writing. Congratulations!  

10/10 = A+ (rare & exemplary)
9.5/10 = A (excellent & impressive)
9/10 = A- (solid & real achievement)
8.5/10 = B (very good, but room for improvement)
8/10 = B- (Ok, needs attention to detail)

If you receive a grade in the 7 or lower range, this is an indication that you really need to spend more time and concentration on your writing. Thankfully, there were not many grades in this range.

If you have any questions about a particular grade, please let me know and I'll explain it to you. Maybe you can make a good argument for me to bump you up a little? I'll listen to any substantive argument. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Words

Here we are. This is the last time we will meet together. I'd like to thank each of you for a rewarding semester of teaching. I hope eve...