Monday, February 1, 2021

Compare this text to Sylvan Barnet's "A Short Guide to Writing about Art"

 


I'm curious to hear your ideas about this free online text. It covers many of the same subjects as Sylvan Barnet's classic textbook, but it's much shorter and doesn't include a single image. It's all words. 

I've been thinking about moving away from physical textbooks for DCAD Liberal Arts classes. It seems to me that there are now online resources that might be better at delivering this information. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I'm fine with either version, print or online. A print version allows me to highlight text or make notes in the margin. With an online version, I just jot down some notes as I read. These days, though, it's nice to step away from the computer sometimes, give the eyes a break, and read printed pages. -Nancy Horisk-Sherr

    ReplyDelete

Last Words

Here we are. This is the last time we will meet together. I'd like to thank each of you for a rewarding semester of teaching. I hope eve...