Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Tips for Success in Your First Short Essay

Hi Students,

If you can answer yes to the following questions, you probably have produced a high quality essay.

Does my essay have a meaningful and unique title?

Have I remembered to write exactly five paragraphs?

Have I used descriptive and specific language?

Does my essay have a clear beginning, middle, and end?

Have I read it out loud to myself/others?

Have I shown it to another set of eyes for honest and developed feedback?

Have I used the magical technique of reverse reading to help spot casual errors?

Do I like my essay? Will I be proud to share it with classmates and turn it in?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Words

Here we are. This is the last time we will meet together. I'd like to thank each of you for a rewarding semester of teaching. I hope eve...